High Risk Training Course

Enquire Now

Course Enquiry Form


Obtaining a High-risk work licence (HRWL) can open up numerous job opportunities for you across Australia. A High Risk Work Licence is a nationally recognised licence that allows individuals to conduct work, which is deemed “high risk”. What is considered high risk work? Anything that includes rigging, scaffolding, working with cranes, forklifts and EWP’s. As an RTO, SMS Training Institute has a proven record of accomplishment. For the best high risk training courses in Perth, contact us today. As a Registered Training Organisation SMS Training Institute, with its proven record of accomplishment, specialises in a number of High Risk Licence courses including;
  • CPCCLDG3001A License to perform dogging
  • CPCCLSF2001 Licence to erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding – basic level
  • CPCCLSF3001A License to erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding – intermediate level
  • CPCCLSF4001A Licence to erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding – advanced level
  • TLILIC2001 License to operate a forklift truck
  • TLILIC2005 Licence to operate a boom type elevating work platform – boom length 11 meters or more
This means that not only are the high risk licences you receive from WorkSafe reputable, but the training we provide is also recognised and respected around the country.


Our courses are thorough, incorporating both theoretical and practical training, meaning that when you become High Risk Work licence qualified with us, you will have the ability and confidence, as well as the necessary qualification to carry out a wide range of high risk work. On completion of the course, you will apply for a photographic licence, which is subject to identification checks and verification of age, as only candidates older than 18 can hold a HRWL.  SMSTI will issue successful candidates a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment and a Notice of Assessment. Once issued with a Notice of Assessment, you can perform that class of high-risk work until you receive your actual licence; this can take between four to six weeks. Your licence will only be valid for the categories of high-risk work endorsed on the card. In order to successfully complete the training, and a requirement under High Risk Licencing legislation, all candidates must;
  • Be a minimum of 18 years’ old
  • Have a good ability to speak, read, write and comprehend English (language and literacy skills)
  • Have good mathematical ability to remember and use complex formulas (numeracy skills)
HRW licences are valid for five years in all states of Australia, starting on the date of issue of the first HRW licence class endorsed on the licence. All training is carried out on a realistic, simulated construction site, with the same safety procedures and protocols you would expect to find on any other mining, industrial, construction, and oil & gas site. If you are looking for superior high-risk training for your employees or for yourself, contact us at SMS and see your employment opportunities blossom.