THE SMS SENTRIES ARE:
- Specialists in Confined Space Management
- Specialists in Working at Heights compliance
- Experienced to monitor all Safety and regulatory requirements for Confined Space Entry and WAH compliance
- Trained for Gas Testing and Atmospheric Monitoring
- Verification of competency as a Sentry
- Trained to measure exposure and time rotations
- Able to advance their training through to Supervisory level that will oversee multiple Confined Space Activities
- WAH Compliance
TRAINED AND SKILLED IN:
- Risk Management
- Hazard Identification and Hazard Management
- Reviewing JSA/JHA
- Conducting third party Safety Audits
- Safety observation and procedure compliance
- RIIWHS202D – Enter and work in confined spaces
- HLTAID003 – Provide First Aid
- HLTAID001- Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- SMS Level 1 Sentry VOC
- Gas Testing
- TLILIC2005 – License to operate a boom-type elevating work platform (boom length 11 metres or more)
- Manual handling
- SMS Level 3 Sentry VOC
- “Welsafe” safety management certificate 1
- Permit Holder
- Permit Issue
- SMS Senior Supervisor Sentry VOC
- “Welsafe” safety management certificate 2
- Risk Management
- Managing Change
- Section 44
In order to reserve your position on this course 50% of course fees are payable by electronic funds transfer, direct deposit, credit card or cash payment at reception or you could mail a cheque payable to SMS Training Institute.
Companies MUST provide a valid Purchase Order prior to receiving a booking confirmation for personnel attending.
Balance of fees are payable on commencement and prior to the issuance of certification.
- Full Course / Unit fees only – $300 – 20hrs
- WorkSafe WA Licence Application fee – $95 (payable directly to WorkSafe)
- Passport Photos for licence application – $20 Approx. (available from Australia Post offices).
All participants attending this training at SMS Training Institute are required to wear appropriate safety clothing including long pants or jeans and steel capped footwear.
Hard hats and other PPE will be supplied as required.
Please also bring with you;
- Smile and a sense of humour
- You are welcome to bring your own hard hat and other PPE if you prefer, but it is not essential.
If delivered at a client organisation work-place a fully serviceable boom type elevating work platform with a minimum boom length of 11 meters will be required along with a variety of standard workplace equipment including harnesses and lanyards for each attendee.
Please contact SMS Training Institute for a full list of required resources.
RPL is a form of assessment that acknowledges skills and knowledge gained through:
- Formal training conducted by industry or education
- Work experience
- Life experience
The main principle of RPL focuses on the outcomes of learning rather than when or where the learning occurred. Evidence of competency is collected by the student and submitted to the nominated assessor and assessment is made based on the required industry standard within the relevant training package unit of competency. If you believe this may apply to you for any part of the course, then you should request an application kit during the enrolment process.
Please be aware that successful completion of the National Assessment Instrument for the licence class will also be required prior to WorkSafe issuing a high risk work licence.
SMS Training Institute is responsible for the quality of the training and assessment in compliance with the Standards for RTOs 2015, and for the issuance of the AQF certification documentation.
Once the student has commenced the assessment service in their chosen Unit of competency SMS Training Institute is committed to completing the delivery of the assessment within the agreed duration and will further negotiate the timing for completion of the assessment if a student is unable to complete the course due to illness or extenuating circumstances.